Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Houston we have a problem

My husband will be home in about 30 minutes so I am blogging now. That way when he comes home I can give him my complete attention. I do get a little distracted when I come on here you know. I just have a little too much fun.;)  So what is my problem? Well  let me tell ya. I had just finished painting one of my butterflies, but I still hadn't applied the glitter spray. That's when everything went wrong. I never primed my wood before painting over it! Idiot! When I applied the spray all these ugly brown spots started to form. Have a look                                                                    
                                                                           Before
                                                    After
I tried painting over the spots,but with no success. So instead I added jewels hoping it would distract the eye.
The worse part about this is that I had made this for a friend. I still sent it,but I added a little something else in with the butterfly.  This little girls purse.
So the moral of this story is "Always prime wood that has previously been stained!
Thank you for stopping by. Remember I love my followers!

15 comments:

  1. Still a very cute butterfly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it adds depth to the butterfly. I am just like you..priming is skipped and then I curse myself forever after for not doing.

    I think it looks amazing!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! You're so cute ~ thanks for stopping by my blog ~ I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Butterfly looks great. She will love it, but I have to say that little purse is just to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when bloggers are honest about their projects. Sometimes we learn more from the mistakes than from the successes.

    I like your writing style. I'm following. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Connie, I think it still looks pretty! Got mine in the mail today and love it! I know my granddaughter is going to be so excited when she opens it own her Birthday in May. Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Thanks again for everything, I don't see any brown spots, it's adorable, and you are so talented.

    I did a thank you post today, sorry it has taken me so long.

    http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/2011/04/thank-you.html

    ReplyDelete