Monday, April 18, 2011

What to do with old pants/ Rag quilt

Hello my dear friends,
  Sorry I have not posted this week ,we were at Disneyland! Oh I had so much fun! Now all I can think about is that song that says " Back to life,back to reality" Reality has definitely sunken in. My four year old vomited at church yesterday and my 1 year old did this morning at 2am :) Fun stuff! Any sane person would think I am nuts sitting here and blogging when I have so much to do. But being that I am insane most of the time it is alright and I need an outlet ;)  So lets have some fun,no more blah blahing for now.
    I thought I would dedicate this week to projects I have done or want to do using old pants. Today I am going to show you my first ever denim project.  A denim rag quilt. These are not super complicated to make,but they are really time consuming.

This is what we call our "family blanket"
I can not tell you how many pairs of pants I used,but it was a butt load. Get it,pants, butts..never mind. That was kind of crude sorry.
I love this fabric I got at LDSFabric.com,they also have bible and scout prints too that are sooo cute.
My family really enjoys this blanket because it is very durable and colorful.
This next blanket is a baby blanket that I did using the left over jean squares. ( Yes I cut out way too many the first time.)

The bottom of the blanket is the blue and black.
 I got this fabric at Joanns when all the clearance fabric was 50% off. You just can't beat that right?
Well hey, thanks for stopping by. If you have any denim ideas you would like to share, pass em along I would love to see!
Have a fabulous day!
I am linking up to these parties,come join the fun!

                                         Click here! 

3 comments:

  1. My daughters use to make purses out of their old jeans. I have seen clutches, rosettes, hair accessories, you name it.
    Mostly I use old jeans to patch up other jeans.

    ReplyDelete