Saturday, April 23, 2011

What to do with old pants #4 Bunny

Today I am sharing my corduroy bunny with you. I found this pattern at The polka dot umbrella.Once I saw hers I knew I had to try to make one of my own! She has an awesome website by the way!I made my bunny out of my old tan Corduroy pants.She did not say to use corduroy,I just wanted to. This was overall a fun project. There were times of frustration. My work is by all means amateur, but I did it and my confidence is slowly building. That is all that matters. I have added some little tidbits here that might help this project go smoother for you.
Tip# 1 Corduroy is not the easiest material to work with, I would go with a softer fabric like fleece or flannel.
    
#2 I added what your cut pieces might look like. I thought it might make it easier to understand in case you have a hard time with written instruction's like I do. Also the round circles for the feet seemed a bit small,if I did this again I think I would cut them a little bigger.

#3 Steam a seam is fabulous! I can not tell you how much I love this stuff! I totally recommend it for the fabric that you have to applique like the face and paws etc.


#4 Don't forget to sew your applique on before you add the button eyes. I wasn't thinking and I tried to go around them.....it didn't work out so well. If you look at the pictures at the top you will see that I have added a flower here to cover this up using steam a seam.

#5 Don't flip out if your newly formed bunny ends up with love boogers. This is a sign of appreciation.

Thank you polka dot umbrella for provding this free pattern and for taking your time to make it.
Thank you to anyone who is taking the time to read this.
Have a great day!
Connie

5 comments:

  1. What a darling bunny! What a clever girl you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with that bunny! Printed and in my to do pile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! It looks like your little girl likes it a LOT!! She looks a lot like her oldest brother in this picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie, this is adorable! the flower over the booboo actually makes it more fun! great job :)

    ReplyDelete