Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Butterick B4176

Hello friends,
  Boy is this a crazy month or what? Last week I had three birthdays and fathers day to celebrate. Now I am up to my eyeballs in canning apricots and green beans. But I did find time to make a little dress for my birthday girl. I used this pattern Butterick B4176.
All the Butterick patterns were on sale for $1.99. I bought three of them. I was tempted to buy more,but I don't want to overdose on sewing patterns that I'm never going to use.
I like the idea that the children's patterns are "Fast and Easy". I know I messed up on some areas,but  overall it was pretty simple. On a side note if you decide to sew with this pattern beware that it runs big!
I used some leftover fabric that I already had, when I do actually purchase some fabric it will be a-lot spunkier.
 Hopefully I will make a few more of these this summer.
If any of you ever make this same dress let me know and I would love to feature you.
In the meantime toodles and thank you for stopping by.
You can find me partying this week at
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays
20 below Thursdays
  You can see all my party buttons at the bottom of my main page.

5 comments:

  1. Connie, that is adorable! I loved it when my girls were small like that. We could make all kinds of dresses for them with matching bloomers.
    cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is adorable!! I have that pattern, too, but I can't remember ever using it--feeling inspired now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute! http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/2011/06/versatile-blogger-award.html

    thanks again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is adorable Connie and I love the fabric that you had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable !!!! Clarice

    ReplyDelete