Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Big bear Ca attractions day 1

Hello friends,
 Last weekend my husband and I celebrated our anniversary at big bear lake ca. We have been married for 10 years and this was the first weekend that we got away together without the kids since, well ....before we had them. I love my little chiddlers,but it was awesome! Here is one of the major reasons we had such a blast!
 Check out this candy store! I was dyiyyyngggg. It is the "North Pole Fudge and ice cream company"
Seriously, I was in a fit of giggles. I am sure the sales clerk was growing tired of us ogggling over everything and not coming to a decision ,but she kept a smile the whole time. Doesn't it look like my husband is inhaling all that yummy chocolate ecstasy.
We finally decided that we each needed our own caramel apple for our first day. I got the caramel apple coated with white chocolate and cinnamon. He got the one smothered with caramel,milk chocolate and peanut butter. I am telling you it was like a candy honeymoon. I thought my eyeballs we going to stay permanently in the back of my head. 
They had all sorts of fudge,caramel apples, ice cream, things like chocolate covered twinkies,yum,yum,yum,yum! Oh and they also had a little sugar free counter too. So because we aren't the real sporty type and we needed something fun to do. We went for a second and third time. On the second day I got an ice cream and on the third we bought two pounds of chocolate to bring home to share with everyone. All the chocolate was gone that same night.


So if you are visiting Big Bear anytime, this is a must! To miss out on this little peace of sinful delight would be a complete misfortune.

I am going to join the fun over at
Weekend wanderer


Have a good one
Connie

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I would hanging out there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caramel apples with white chocolate and cinnamon are my favorite!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YUM! That looks delish! Congrats on 10 years!

    ReplyDelete