Friday, December 23, 2011

Canning lid ornaments

Last Christmas I had a ton of used canning lids leftover that I didn't feel like throwing away. I also had three rambunctious little kids that like to play with the Christmas tree.  How do these two relate? Well I made kid friendly ornaments with the canning lids!
 These are so fun and easy! But I must warn you, they are rather addicting.
This is a great way to use old Christmas cards or Christmas bags. In fact,I got most of my ribbon and ties from recycled Christmas bag handles.
All you need are the following supplies:
Hot glue
Decoupage medium or Mod podge
Canning lids and rings
Ribbon
Paper image or fabric
Felt
         The snowman I have shown above was super easy. I cut out some fabric and mod podged it to the canning lid. I did a layer on the bottom of the fabric first ,when it dried I appled a liberal amount of Mod podge to the  top of the fabric. After it was completely dry. I hot glued the rick rack around the back of the lid, followed by the ribbon handle. I then glued a felt circle to the back to cover all my mess.

For the more three dimensional ornaments I did the same thing,but I used the canning rings over the top of the lid and then glued the rick rack etc to the ring.
I am really happy with how these turned out. My kids take these around the house and I don't stress about it.
I am going to link up to a couple parties this week. 
I am going over to 
and 

No comments:

Post a Comment